Lorenz Law Firm
- International Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Anti-Trust
- Dispute Resolution, Mediation & Arbitration
- International Public Law & Diplomatic Relations
- European Law
- Environmental and Energy Law
- Labour Law
- Nottingham Trent University (United Kingdom), MBA, 2002
- Free University Of Brussels (Belgium), LL.M in E.U. Law, 1983
- Cambridge University (U.K.), Introduction to English Law Certificate, 1982
- Catholic University Of Leuven (Belgium), Law Teaching Degree, 1981
- Catholic University Of Leuven Law School (Belgium), J.D., 1981
- Catholic University Of Leuven M.H. Interpreter Institute, (Belgium), M.A. in Interpretation (English/French/Dutch), 1977
- Catholic University Of Leuven M.H. Interpreter Institute (Belgium), B.A. in Translation (English/French/Dutch), 1975
- Chatham High School (Massachusetts, Unites states of America), US High School Degree, 1973
Law firm work experience
- INTERLEXCONSULT, Nassau (Bahamas), Senior Counsel, from 2007 – present
- LEBOEUF LAMB GREENE & MACRAE, New York (USA), 1997-2006: Managing Partner Brussels (Belgium) Office, 1997-2006, (Retired in 2007); Managing Partner Central Asia Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan) Office, 1997-2005
- CLAES & PARTNERS, Brussels (Belgium), 1991-1997: Managing Partner Brussels (Belgium) Office, 1991-1997; Supervising Partner New York (USA) Office, 1995-1997; Supervising Partner Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan) Office, 1993-1997; Co-Managing Partner Tirana (Albania) Office, 1994-1996
- PRICE CLAES BLANPAIN, Brussels (Belgium), 1989-1991: Co-Managing Partner Brussels Office, 1989-1991; Co-Managing Partner Trans European Law Firm Association (TELFA)
- DECALUWE PUTZEYS ‘T KINT VAN FRAEYENHOVE, Brussels (Belgium), Senior Associate Attorney, 1982-1989
- DENYS TOURNICOURT & LINDEMANS, Brussels (Belgium), Junior Associate Attorney, 1981-1982
Specialised experience (Legal Field)
- General Counsel Dutch Trust Family Office in Nassau (Bahamas), 2007-2017.
- Guest Lecturer of European Anti-Trust Case Law at the Free University of Brussel (Belgium), 2000-2006.
- International Arbitration, 1997-2007.
- Reform Project of Social Security System of Russian Federation (EU Project), 1997.
- Proposals to Reform KYRGYZENERGO, National Electricity Company of Kyrgyzstan (EU Project), and KYRGYZTELEKOM, 1996-2005.
- Personal Legal Advisor to the Prime-Minister of Albania (EU Project), 1994-1995
- EU TACIS Law Specialization, 1991-1997.
- International Corporate Law (mainly M&A work in Europe, the U.S., Russia, Kyrgyzstan, China, Japan, S. Korea), 1989-2006.
- Labor Law Specialization, 1986-1990.
- Environmental & Energy Law Specialization, 1981-1985.
- Honorary Advocate Dutch Language Bar Association (Brussels), 2007 – present
- American Chamber of Commerce (Bishkek), 2000-2005
- American Chamber of Commerce (Brussels), 1986-2007
- International Bar Association (New York), 1986-2007
- Dutch Language Bar Association (Brussels), 1981-2006
Non-law firm work experience
- Honorary Consul in the Bahamas for the Kingdom of Belgium, 2012 – present
- Guest Lecturer European Law, Free University Of Brussels (Belgium), 2001-2006
- Associate at Cabinet Minister of Defense (Information Service), 1980
- Radio Program Director, Belgian Broadcasting Corporation (BRT), 1979-1981
- Part-Time Personal Assistant to Secretary-General BECOIJ (European Coordination Bureau Young NGOs), 1978-1979
- Free Lance Interpreter (Dutch/English/French), 1976-1980
Volunteer work experience
- Co-Founder of APILCA (Free University Of Brussels LLM Alumni Association), 1983
- Co-Founder of English Speaking Lions Club HERALDIC (BRUSSELS), 1982
- Co-Founder of the EUROPEAN LAW STUDENT ASSOCIATION (ELSA), 1982
- President, Belgian Alumni Association AMERICAN FIELD SERVICE (Student Exchanges), 1979-1980
- Board Member, Flemish Section YOUNG EUROPEAN FEDERALISTS, 1975-1978
- Secretary, Belgian Alumni Association AMERICAN FIELD SERVICE (Student Exchanges), 1974-1979
- Dutch – mother tongue
- English – second mother tongue
- French – excellent
- German – fluently spoken, limited writing skills
- Italian – fair understanding, limited speaking & writing skills
- Spanish – limited understanding, limited speaking & writing skills
- Russian – basic notions