Lorenz Law Firm
- International Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Anti-Trust
- Dispute Resolution, Mediation & Arbitration
- International Public Law & Diplomatic Relations
- European Law
- Environmental and Energy Law
- Labour Law
Etienne is expertised in European and International public law matters and diplomatic relations. Etienne also assists corporations on mergers and acquisition transactions, corporate law matters, including project financing and cross-border investments. Etienne advises mining companies on environmental and energy law issues. Etienne has also a wide experience in representing the interests of corporations and sovereign states in international dispute resolution procedures, including international arbitration tribunals.
- Nottingham Trent University (United Kingdom), MBA, 2002
- Free University Of Brussels (Belgium), LL.M in E.U. Law, 1983
- Cambridge University (U.K.), Introduction to English Law Certificate, 1982
- Catholic University Of Leuven (Belgium), Law Teaching Degree, 1981
- Catholic University Of Leuven Law School (Belgium), J.D., 1981
- Catholic University Of Leuven M.H. Interpreter Institute, (Belgium), M.A. in Interpretation (English/French/Dutch), 1977
- Catholic University Of Leuven M.H. Interpreter Institute (Belgium), B.A. in Translation (English/French/Dutch), 1975
- Chatham High School (Massachusetts, Unites states of America), US High School Degree, 1973
Law firm work experience
- INTERLEXCONSULT, Nassau (Bahamas), Senior Counsel, from 2007 – present
- LEBOEUF LAMB GREENE & MACRAE, New York (USA), 1997-2006: Managing Partner Brussels (Belgium) Office, 1997-2006, (Retired in 2007); Managing Partner Central Asia Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan) Office, 1997-2005
- CLAES & PARTNERS, Brussels (Belgium), 1991-1997: Managing Partner Brussels (Belgium) Office, 1991-1997; Supervising Partner New York (USA) Office, 1995-1997; Supervising Partner Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan) Office, 1993-1997; Co-Managing Partner Tirana (Albania) Office, 1994-1996
- PRICE CLAES BLANPAIN, Brussels (Belgium), 1989-1991: Co-Managing Partner Brussels Office, 1989-1991; Co-Managing Partner Trans European Law Firm Association (TELFA)
- DECALUWE PUTZEYS ‘T KINT VAN FRAEYENHOVE, Brussels (Belgium), Senior Associate Attorney, 1982-1989
- DENYS TOURNICOURT & LINDEMANS, Brussels (Belgium), Junior Associate Attorney, 1981-1982
Specialised experience (Legal Field)
- General Counsel Dutch Trust Family Office in Nassau (Bahamas), 2007-2017.
- Guest Lecturer of European Anti-Trust Case Law at the Free University of Brussel (Belgium), 2000-2006.
- International Arbitration, 1997-2007.
- Reform Project of Social Security System of Russian Federation (EU Project), 1997.
- Proposals to Reform KYRGYZENERGO, National Electricity Company of Kyrgyzstan (EU Project), and KYRGYZTELEKOM, 1996-2005.
- Personal Legal Advisor to the Prime-Minister of Albania (EU Project), 1994-1995
- EU TACIS Law Specialization, 1991-1997.
- International Corporate Law (mainly M&A work in Europe, the U.S., Russia, Kyrgyzstan, China, Japan, S. Korea), 1989-2006.
- Labor Law Specialization, 1986-1990.
- Environmental & Energy Law Specialization, 1981-1985.
- Honorary Advocate Dutch Language Bar Association (Brussels), 2007 – present
- American Chamber of Commerce (Bishkek), 2000-2005
- American Chamber of Commerce (Brussels), 1986-2007
- International Bar Association (New York), 1986-2007
- Dutch Language Bar Association (Brussels), 1981-2006
Non-law firm work experience
- Honorary Consul in the Bahamas for the Kingdom of Belgium, 2012 – present
- Guest Lecturer European Law, Free University Of Brussels (Belgium), 2001-2006
- Associate at Cabinet Minister of Defense (Information Service), 1980
- Radio Program Director, Belgian Broadcasting Corporation (BRT), 1979-1981
- Part-Time Personal Assistant to Secretary-General BECOIJ (European Coordination Bureau Young NGOs), 1978-1979
- Free Lance Interpreter (Dutch/English/French), 1976-1980
Volunteer work experience
- Co-Founder of APILCA (Free University Of Brussels LLM Alumni Association), 1983
- Co-Founder of English Speaking Lions Club HERALDIC (BRUSSELS), 1982
- Co-Founder of the EUROPEAN LAW STUDENT ASSOCIATION (ELSA), 1982
- President, Belgian Alumni Association AMERICAN FIELD SERVICE (Student Exchanges), 1979-1980
- Board Member, Flemish Section YOUNG EUROPEAN FEDERALISTS, 1975-1978
- Secretary, Belgian Alumni Association AMERICAN FIELD SERVICE (Student Exchanges), 1974-1979