A global communications company that develops mission-critical technology services designed to manage and interconnect voice and data systems, requested Lorenz lawyers to represent the company in its negotiations with a leading Belgian mobile telecoms operator for the provision of data clearing-house services.
The acquisition by a UK group comprising twelve food companies specialising in the import, storage and distribution of a wide variety of foodstuffs, of a Belgian company active in the sale and distribution of meat products, with a view to developing into the Benelux.
- More references
- Lorenz attracts Leo Van den hole and launches Brussels based arbitration department Brussels - February 24, 2014: Lorenz attracts Leo Van den hole and launches Brussels based arbitration department
- Niyaz Aldashev introduced to Belgian ministers and King Philip during the Diplomatic Days 2014Brussels - February 13,2014: Niyaz Aldashev introduced to Belgian ministers and King Philip during the Diplomatic Days 2014
- B. Theeuwes and F. Dopagne Publish a Book on Diplomatic Law in Belgium, with Foreword by the Belgian Foreign MinisterBrussels - February 13, 2014: B. Theeuwes and F. Dopagne Publish a Book on Diplomatic Law in Belgium, with Foreword by the Belgian Foreign Minister
- Interview on New Data Retention Obligations in BelgiumBrussels - January 29, 2014: Jan Dhont and David Dumont recently gave an interview to Nymity on the new data retention obligations for electronic communication providers in Belgium.
- Belgian Sports Lawyer of the Year Award Granted to Sébastien LedureBrussels - January 13, 2014: Belgian Sports Lawyer of the Year Award Granted to Sébastien Ledure
- Bert Theeuwes recommended for Employment Law by Chambers and PartnersBrussels - December 19, 2013: Bert Theeuwes recommended for Employment Law by Chambers and Partners. Quote Chambers and Partners: Clients are full of praise for practice head Bertold Theeuwes, noting his ability to "combine an extensive knowledge base with excellent strategic and operational planning skills in order to comprehensively deal with issues." Mr. Theeuwes welcomes this recognition and would like to thank the clients for their support and their recommendations.
- The Republic of South Africa Passes New Data Protection ActBrussels - December 19, 2013: Jan Dhont and Katherine Woodcock comment on the new data protection law (Protection of Personal Information Act) enacted by the South African Parliament on November 26, 2013. By drawing comparisons and contrasts with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the law appears to have a bit more in store for companies hoping to comply.
- Data Protection Presentation at Atlanta KnowledgeNet Meeting Brussels - November 18, 2013: Jan Dhont elaborates on the overhaul of the EU Data Protection Directive at the Atlanta KnowledgeNet Meeting of November 2013.
- The EDPS comments on EU draft proposals to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financingBrussels - November 21, 2013: The European Data Protection Supervisor has taken another opportunity to comment on the pending draft proposals related to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing – specifically, Directive on the Prevention of the Use of the Financial System for the Purpose of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (COM(2013) 45 final) and Regulation on Information on the Payer Accompanying Transfers of Funds (COM(2013) 44 final). Both provisions propose new changes to bring the EU further in line with FATF and OECD recommendations and guidelines on the topics.