A global communications company that develops mission-critical technology services designed to manage and interconnect voice and data systems, requested Lorenz lawyers to represent the company in its negotiations with a leading Belgian mobile telecoms operator for the provision of data clearing-house services.
The acquisition by a UK group comprising twelve food companies specialising in the import, storage and distribution of a wide variety of foodstuffs, of a Belgian company active in the sale and distribution of meat products, with a view to developing into the Benelux.
- More references
- Data Protection Presentation at Atlanta KnowledgeNet Meeting Brussels - November 18, 2013: Jan Dhont elaborates on the overhaul of the EU Data Protection Directive at the Atlanta KnowledgeNet Meeting of November 2013.
- The EDPS comments on EU draft proposals to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financingBrussels - November 21, 2013: The European Data Protection Supervisor has taken another opportunity to comment on the pending draft proposals related to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing – specifically, Directive on the Prevention of the Use of the Financial System for the Purpose of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (COM(2013) 45 final) and Regulation on Information on the Payer Accompanying Transfers of Funds (COM(2013) 44 final). Both provisions propose new changes to bring the EU further in line with FATF and OECD recommendations and guidelines on the topics.
- Belgium Introduces Broad Data Retention ObligationsBrussels - October 29, 2013: Belgium finally implements the EU data retention requirements. Jan Dhont and David Dumont comment on the new legal regime.
- Getting The Deal Through: Data Protection & Privacy – Belgium Edition 2014Brussels - October 15, 2013: An updated summary of Belgian data privacy requirements. This article can be read here. It was first published in Getting the Deal Through – Data Protection & Privacy 2014, (published in September 2013; contributing editor: Rosemary P Jay of Hunton & Williams). For further information please visit www.GettingTheDealThrough.com.
- Bert Theeuwes and Claudia Allatta have been recommended by Legal 500Brussels - October 4, 2013: Bert Theeuwes and Claudia Allatta have been recommended by Legal 500 for their performance in the field of employment law.
- Lorenz' Data Privacy Team nominated by the Legal 500Brussels - August 26, 2013: Lorenz’ Data Privacy Team nominated by the Legal 500 as Tier One Practice.
- Convening the general assembly on the request of one fifth of the membersBrussels - August 26, 2013: On June 24, 2013, the law of June 27, 1921 was modified regarding the rules applicable when one fifth of the members of a non-profit association requests the convening of a meeting of the general assembly. The purpose of this article written by Antoine Druetz is to briefly explain the new applicable rules which recently entered into force.
- Getting a Clean Bill of Health for Privacy in Your Mobile AppBrussels - August 23, 2013: The deployment of apps is unlimited and benefits virtually every industry. Also pharmaceutical and medical devices companies are gradually offering apps to patients and health care professionals to optimize services and products. However, compliance with privacy regulations are crucial to ensure success. Emily Hay and Jan Dhont elaborate on the matter.
- Katherine Woodcock of Lorenz Privacy Team appointed as Co-Chair to the American Bar Association International Law Privacy, E-Commerce and Data Security Committee.Brussels - July 16, 2013 : Katherine Woodcock of Lorenz Privacy Team appointed as Co-Chair to the American Bar Association International Law Privacy, E-Commerce and Data Security Committee.