Lorenz is a leading international law firm in the Kyrgyz Republic. We assist a broad spectrum of clients as they participate in the dynamic changes that are taking place in the Kyrgyz Republic. Our law firm also offers a gateway to legal services in the neighbouring CIS countries.
A global communications company that develops mission-critical technology services designed to manage and interconnect voice and data systems, requested Lorenz lawyers to represent the company in its negotiations with a leading Belgian mobile telecoms operator for the provision of data clearing-house services.
The acquisition by a UK group comprising twelve food companies specialising in the import, storage and distribution of a wide variety of foodstuffs, of a Belgian company active in the sale and distribution of meat products, with a view to developing into the Benelux.
- More references
- Investment Opportunity Advice
- Corporate Advice on Business Start Up & Registration
- Corporate Registration
- Merger Control
- Commercial Contracts
- Employment law
- Expat Work Permit & Residence Permit Issues
- Taxation & Social Security
- Legal Issues arising from Hiring Emloyees in Central Asia
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Article: "On personal data protection in the Kyrgyz Republic", written by Kymbat Ibakova and Jibek TenizbaevaThe present article considers regulation of personal data protection in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Article: "Liability issues of news agencies", written by Evgeny Kim and Myrzagul AidaralievaThis article concerns liability issues of news agencies in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Article: "The obligation of owners of establishments for leisure to pay the royalty fee when using musical compositions under the copyright law of the Kyrgyz Republic", written by Umtul Murat kyzyThe present article addresses issues regarding the use of musical compositions for commercial purposes from the perspective of the Kyrgyz copyright law.
- Article: “Some issues regarding the right of a shareholder of a limited liability company to withdraw from the company”, written by Samara Dumanaeva The current article considers issues related to the right of a shareholder of a limited liability company in case to withdraw from the limited liability company.
- Chambers Asia-Pacific guide 2016 – Koan Lorenz – Band 1Lately this firm has expanded its presence in Western Europe with the finalisation of its merger with Koan to form Koan Lorenz, and the subsequent addition of a Paris office. It continues to advise a diverse clientele on a variety of matters in the Kyrgyz Republic, including M&A, project finance and labour law. It is also noted for its international arbitration experience - Bishkek | February 19, 2016
- Article: “Strategic objects of the Kyrgyz Republic“, written by Evgeny Kim and Myrzagul AidaralievaThe present article considers applicability of the rule of law on preferential right of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic in case of alienation of the shares of a company that owns the subsoil rights to use deposits, which are strategic objects.
- Bertold Theeuwes and Niyaz Aldashev selected as arbitrators of the Riga International Commercial Arbitration CourtWe are glad to announce that the Partner of the Brussels Office of Koan Lorenz Bertold Theeuwes and the Partner of the Bishkek office of Koan Lorenz Niyaz Aldashev have been selected as the arbitrators of the Riga International Commercial Arbitration Court in Latvia.
- The “leading force” in the Bishkek office is the managing partner, Niyazbek AldashevDistinguished by the strength of its dispute resolution practice, Koan Lorenz continues to be actively involved in a number of high-profile international arbitration cases and multimillion-dollar disputes. In addition, the team is well positioned to advise on many aspects of business law, including labour, antitrust and banking.
- CNIL Adopts New Rules on Service Quality Monitoring and BYODCNIL issues guidance on BYOD and adopts simplified notification for monitoring of employees for service quality purposes.
- Bring Your Own Device (BOYD) in perspectiveBring Your Own Device (BOYD) in perspective. Check here what employers should consider when choosing the BYOD route.